Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Best In-laws

I just have to say that I think I have the best In-laws anyone could ever ask for. I here people talk about how they struggle to get along with their in-laws, but I can honestly say I didn't hesitate once at the idea of staying with mine for 2 1/2 months when the option first came available, and after all was said and done, I'm glad I never wasted by time hesitating because it was Awesome. My in-laws are so easy to get along with and I am SO GRATEFUL to them for letting us come and stay for so long. The boys got a chance to spend some quality time really getting to know Grandma Suzie and Grandpa Judd, and I am so grateful for that, but I also really enjoyed spending time with them too. I will never watch Wheel of Fortune the same again after being there and we had a lot of fun playing a dice game on different occasions that was a lot of fun. I want them both to know how much I love them and really appreciate all they did and continue to do for us! They are wonderful. THANK YOU!
Well, we have arrived in AZ, after being bumped from our first flight and catching one two hours later at 2:00 a.m., and receiving $200 vouchers for each of us including Camden since we had to buy a one-way ticket home for him since he turned 2 one week before we flew home. We definitely won't complain! I keep forgetting everytime we fly that I am married to a man whose family thrives on being bumped. I never remember until Brady comes back from the desk by the gate and reports that we are on the list of volunteers to be bumped and reports the likelyhood of it happening. Usually it never happens, but they desperately needed exactly four people so when he walked up to me he was ALL SMILES. We arrived in AZ only 2 hours later than originally scheduled, and the boys slept the entire way, so it was all fine. Now we can fly somewhere else for much cheaper and possibly free depending on where it is.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I swear you guys always get lucky with getting "bumped" You can always pass the vouchers along to me so I can come visit sometime in Oregon. :-) hehe

Brady and Rachel said...

Nice try, but I was thinking we might use it to get to Utah, we'll see though. You and Peyton can fly with one ticket, so that might be a great idea too. If you calculate how many times we have been on a volunteer list to be bumped, it really doesn't happen that much, we just got lucky this time, and Brady got lucky on his last trip, but before then, I don't think it has ever happened since we've been married, or maybe once I can't remember.

Gates & Tausha said...

ooh free airline tickets...hot item...luckies! glad you're here safe! I'll be contacting you soon!

Gates & Tausha said...

RACHEL!! I just saw your comment!! :) Man you're fast! Good luck hikin tomorrow...you'll have to tell me which mountain you did...I wanna come with!! (but I have to work...;( BUT, I checked my cell to make sure I have your # in there and we're GOOD TO GO!!! peoria...hmmm...is that even IN az? jk...i'm FROM peoria man!! my parents live in peoria...what are your crossstreets? SCORE on the hosue too!!! we live only 10 minutes away...YAY!!! we'll have to plan stuff...and maybe I can introduce you to the girl I think is YOU. (weird huh?)..hahah..ttalk to ya soon! and WELCOME!!! :) (taht's how we say welcome in az)

Stephanie said...

wow! what a great attitude- i have never thought of seeing a delay in travel plans as a plus, but now i can definitely see why it would be! hope things are going well in arizona!

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see you all again during spring break i hope you begin to connect with everyone and find new friends we all love you and miss you too! you all are very brave and we are proud of all of you!