Friday, February 1, 2008

Hawaiian hut

Funny story about this house. Tayson asked me the day before to help him make a house outside. I didn't think much of it, but we didn't have time that day so when Brady got home later he played outside with them and Tayson again requested him to help build a house for Tayson. Tayson gather a bucket of rocks from the neighbor's house and when I stepped out I saw him with a large coconut on the ground and Brady was putting some small things on top, but it was dark so I couldn't see much ( I just assumed Tayson was wanting to make some small strange house, the coconut being the house). Brady told him they would have to finish it the next day. Well, the next day he asked me to go help him with his house. I went outside with him and realized he had taken his bucket of rocks and dumped them on top of the coconut mixed in with a few small seashells. I asked him what he wanted me to do and he said he needed more coconuts and rocks, so I thought he meant he was just going to put four coconuts on the corners to make it a little bit bigger house. It then dawned on me that he thought with lots of coconuts and rocks, he could some how stack them up and around and create a real house (big enough for him and Camden to play it, and somehow it would just magically all stick together and not cave in. I then had to show him how coconuts will not stack up on top of each other and we couldn't really construct an actual house out of the coconuts and rocks (especially since we couldn't steal all of the neighbors rocks and dump them on Grandma and Grandpa's sidewalk and I didn't know how to make it all stick together anyways without mortar or something.) He was so disappointed at first till I suggested the chairs and beach towels, and he decided that would be perfect (crisis solved). They loved playing in their house till we went to the beach a couple days later and needed to use the towels.

0 comments: