Tayson and his ideas keep us rather busy trying to turn them into more realistic ideas. Tayson has all the confidence in the world! I don't know where he got it from, but he is sure he can do anything he can imagine! It has become quite the challenge trying to bring his imaginations to life without destroying them completely. Last weekend Tayson decided that when we got home (we were in town) he was going to get his tools and cut down a tree and build a truck he could drive in. What do you say to that? He thought for sure he could make it happen. I tried using the excuse that he didn't have any tools, but he countered with "Grandpa does in the garage". I then explained he is to small to use those tools and he can't cut down any trees because they are Grandma's trees. His idea then was "well then we can go to the store and buy me some wood". I tried to say it is impossible to make a truck that will really drive out of wood right now. He didn't buy it for a second, and I realized that if I use the word impossible I might shatter his dreams later on in life making him think everything is impossible. So I am now trying to avoid that word altogether. In the end I convinced him that he could build a truck with wood to drive in when he gets as big as daddy. He said "Thank you mommy!" in the sweetest tone and was very pleased with that idea. He then chose to make one with his toys in the meantime, he used a stool for the driver's seat and a flag pattern frisbee for the steering wheel. Camden was fortunate enough to be allowed to ride as a passenger, but he was required to sit rather far back. :) He says he wants to make a toy truck out of wood, so he keeps asking if he can still make a toy truck to drive in even when he is as big as daddy. This kid's imagination! He is stuck on trucks right now, we are interested to see what the next big idea will be.
Tayson and Camden also got sunglasses last week (both lightning Mcqueen). This pic of Camden was just too cute to pass up.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Cute kids
Posted by
Brady and Rachel
at
2:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
What a creative boy! Do you miss the snow yet? Thanks for the updates I love seeing the boys.
How funny! I think you guys have yourself a little engineer. His stories make me laugh. Oh... dumb question but did anyone try to bug that seal? I think i would have wanted to try and pet it or something... though it would probably attack me. :-)
No they blocked the seal off with tape, though they did get mad at Tayson because while no one was looking he got out of the water and walked right between the ocean and the seal to get to the other side of the bay to swim, and they were saying that when the seal decides to go, he was go fast back into the water and out to the ocean and he will attack anything in its path (that is why it was blocked off). Talk about a scary thought, I was sure glad that he wasn't ready to got then when Tayson had been in his path. They were nice about it, not yelling at him (but I think Ed and Sandy, Stan's brother was the one near him when they got after Tayson so I didn't hear much about what they said (I just saw them run toward Tayson). Everything was fine in the end. The seal ended up hanging out in the water near the rocks of the bay for a while - we never saw him finally leave the bay, so he didn't make as fast of an escape as I imagined he would.
that is a scary thought but i love taysons car and it is funny that cam had to be in the very back. But at least he let him play with him.
Post a Comment