Last Monday we had the opportunity to go hiking with Brady's brother and his family to a lighthouse down by Hanauma Bay. It was a gorgeous view of the island and we even got to see a whale way out in the ocean splashing around. Best part was Tayson's hair. Check out what a lot of wind and a little humidity does to this kid's hair. You all wish you had hair like this right? It was pretty cool. It was fun to do some hiking again, it seems like it has been quite a while since we've hiked as a family. The last time I hiked anywhere was with the young women in our ward in South Salt Lake up to Ensign peak when Camden was about five weeks old (Brady had to work so it was me Tayson and Camden that went. Tayson is quite the trooper when it comes to hiking. We are excited to get to Oregon and check out the hiking up that way. Brady and I used to hike quite a bit when we were dating here in Hawaii, but since having kids we haven't gotten around to it much lately. Hopefully we can change that.
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Best Hair Ever
Posted by
Brady and Rachel
at
1:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Love the hair! How funny is that. Also, you are so stinkin' tan. I'm jealous. I'm whiter than a ghost! I guess I'll just have to do the fake stuff one of these days when I find some time. But I guess you deserve a few months of sun before moving to rainy city! :-)
Yeah, you'll be a total outcast here being that tan. but, don't worry it doesn't take long to turn completely white like everyone else. Actually, people are outdoors a lot in the spring/summmer/beginning of fall - but you just don't tan the same as a tropical place. I pretty much just use the fake stuff so I don't blind everyone and don't have to wear nylons to church in the summer. did you carry Camden the whole way? I would die carrying a child in front. Tayson's hair is AWESOME. Yes, there is a ton of hiking here. People are very into the outdoors. You'll also have to go to the coast (it's not the beach), it's very different from anything you've known before. Brody and I were hoping to hike, maybe mtn bike some last year, and when the time/weather was finally getting right he had his whole toe thing - so hopefully this year. I did a little hiking last year with Michelle and when her mom came. Oh, and camping here is great. Have a great day. We'll have to call you again. The entire day after Ains & Tayson talked she asked if we could call him again!! I assured her we would, just didn't say when.
Karee
I carried Camden quite a bit of the time, but he stolled along a quite a bit too. I credit my being able to carry him to having had Tayson first. He always weighed so much from the beginning, that my arms got pretty dang strong. Camden is extremely light compared to how Tayson was at that age so it is easy to carry Camden. Brady offered to carry him at different times, but me and my Pack stubborness (as Karee and Erin will know about quite well), I was determined to be able to handle it, so I declined each time. It really wasn't bad though because he is so light.
I'm sure I will eventually resort to fake tan too, but it is nice enjoying the color right now. I am aware from so many friends and family that I will become ghostly white up in the Northwest, so I have been warned and it has helped me to enjoy not being ghostly white as much as possible right now. Glad to know the sun does come out at least on occasion though up that way. j/k
Oh yeah, and I am happy to report that the boys have Pack skin (though we do still use sunscreen of course), not Whetten or Matheson skin. Halleluia! j/k (can't think how to spell at the moment).
tag your it... go to my blog to see what you have to do.
Awesome!! I love that hair! I can't wait to show sophie tomorrow - she's asleep right now. I think she'll get a good laugh out of it. No baby yet - but we'll keep you posted! :)
I really miss those boys. Where did Tayson get those curls. They are great!
That is the question of the century! We get asked that question all the time, and have no answer as to where his curly hair came from, but we won't complain about him having it. I say it took ALL of the possible curls, so any girls we have will be out of luck. As you remember Camden's hair is straight as can be too.
wow i love taysons hair it is sooooooooooo amazing you are lucky you are tan! I hope i can get some sun while in arizona with you guys for spring break!
Post a Comment