Sunday, March 30, 2008

Proud Father Moment

Dressed in his safety gear (and daddy's glasses for a moment) ready to learn to ride without training wheels. Right before one of his many falls. Daddy encouraging him not to give up when something is hard. It worked, way to go Dad!

After about 15 minutes he was ready to give up.

This was after an hour of practice. He didn't end up giving up after all. Initial motivation to keep trying = to show Papa and Nana and Grandpa Judd and Grandma Suzie a video of him riding his bike without training wheels, they will be so proud; final motivation = his very own Costco churro!

This is after an hour of practice in the morning and then 15 minutes of practice when we went back in the late afternoon. We are proud of him for not giving up. Brady was a great teacher. What a Proud Father!
My little boy is growing up TOO fast!
On a side note, I told him this a few days ago(that he is growing up too fast) and his solution was: "Mom, its okay, we can have lots more baby boys and they can grow and be your little bit big boy." (Yeah, lots of baby boys!!) He did however say right afterwards (without any coaxing), "or we can have a baby girl and she can grow and be a little bit big girl for you." What a sweetheart. A while back in Hawaii I told him he was growing up too fast and I told him to stop growing (jokingly), and this is what he said a few days later "Mom, I keep growing and I don't know how to stop" (with tears in his eyes). He felt bad that he was growing up because I told him I wanted him to stay little. We talked about it and I explained it was okay he is growing bigger. Since then he has come up (on his own) with the solution of us just having more babies to be my little boy or girl. He is definitely our sensitive child, trying to make everything okay. He is pretty proud of himself though that he is growing so big (he thought when he learned to ride a bike without training wheels, he would be as big as daddy :-) Fortunately he isn't that big just yet.

11 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun! That is a great moment. Jaman learned last year. It's so fun seeing all the stuff they can do!

Alexis said...

So cute! I can't believe he learned that so fast! Tell him we are so proud of him. I love the story of him being sad about growing up too fast for you. He is such a sweetheart!

Unknown said...

Way to go Tayson! You are a pro! Can't wait until you come to Utah to show us in person.

P.S. What a cute story. He is a sweetheart!

Jana and BJ said...

WOW Tayson! You are tough! You must be big if you can eat your own churro from Costco. I can't even eat a whole one by myself all the time. Maybe you can help Izzy when she gets bigger. :-)

Gates & Tausha said...

YAH!!! NICE JOB!!! stake center bike training is the way to GO!! :) ahaha...that IS a proud moment!! NICE WORK! :) good lesson learning time too...and oh my gosh rachel i had to tell gates about the "i keep growing and don't know how to stop" comment...hahaha...soooo cute. :) and sweet. so...we need to do something soon! I've been SICK since the day camie had her baby!! i don't even have a VOICE right now...but i'll call ya hopefully soon..getting prescriptiong today!

Molly Malia said...

yay! way to go tayson!
we are working with jo this summer... she never wanted to do it until she saw our 3 year old neighbor doing it.

Stephanie said...

he is such a sweet little bot! i am so proud of him.

Meagan said...

What a sweetheart! That is such a cute story! I love the videos- how fun that he is learning to ride. It is so fun getting to watch all their "firsts" I love it, but you are right- they do grow up too way too fast!

Kahilau said...

What a great thing. That's amazing that he stuck to it for so long. What a great kid. I saw Brady's parents the other day at Costco. I didn't know about his cancer. What great strength he has. I was so impressed. Hope you all are doing well.

Leisa Waldron said...

We are totally trying to figure out some ways to get Kadie motivated. I love how you used the parking lot, that is a great idea! Tell him good job! We are proud of him too!!!

Meagan said...

We are very excited to move to Boston- but we are a little nervous to be in some place totally new and different. We are happy to hear that you have so many fond memories of Boston- it makes us feel good and we know who to contact should we have concerns:). Good Luck with your big move to Salem. It will be nice for you to finally get settled in somewhere.