Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Fun in Utah


We had Christmas early in Utah with my family and the boys got really cute "scrub" pajamas from my parents for Christmas this year. They love them, and they are perfect for the warmer weather. They also came with accessories to be a doctor. I've never seen scrubs for kids, so I LOVE these.



The kids got early b-day presents as well from my parents before we left for Hawaii (they both LOVE tractors) so they were thrilled with their gifts! Thank you Nana and Papa as well as Auntie CieJae who gave them a coloring book and crayons for the plane ride (it was a life saver! for keeping them entertained).

The boys LOVE Papa's motorcycle, so they had to climb on one last time before leaving.

Tayson and his cousin Amelia at a family Christmas party. My cousin Shelly and her family moved about 2 blocks away from our apartment at Alpine Storage earlier this year, so they kids had some fun playing together and getting to know each other. It was fun for Tayson to be able to become such good friends with his cousin. He'll definitely miss her.

We went to the National Guard Base at the Airport with Brady's Sister and Brother-in-law to see Santa Clause before we left Utah. The kids loved seeing him but I have to tell you the story of what happened. Tayson had just seen Santa at a family Christmas party the night before and when Santa asked him what he wanted he couldn't remember. So right before he went to sit on Santa's lap we asked him if he remembered what he was going to tell Santa he wanted for Christmas. He said he did remember. So when Santa asked him what he would like for Christmas, he told Santa (a BIG lightning Mcqueen - from Cars movie). Santa then gave him a candycane and a wrapped gift (they had a bunch of generic gifts to give the kids for fun) as you can see in the above picture. Some of you may know where this is headed, but we didn't at first and didn't think much of it. Tayson came down and handed me the candycane. I continued to talk with the adults and the next thing I know Tayson pulls on my arm and I look down and he is looking up at me with tears in his eyes and holding the gift up toward me. He had only ripped off one side of the paper so he could see what it was. He told me with tears in his eyes "I don't want this present Mom." I then realized what he had been thinking. He had sat on Santa's lap and told him what he would like for Christmas and then Santa gave him a present, so who wouldn't think that this would be "the present" (the one he just asked for). It was a small puzzle that they had given to a lot of the kids. I had to then explain to him that this was just an extra gift santa had for him and that he comes on Christmas Eve when he is asleep to deliver a special present to him, so there is still a chance he may get what he asked for. He was fine and happy after that explanation and enjoyed the rest of the time there. Poor kid, I felt so bad that his hope and dream for Christmas had almost been completely destroyed. I sure hope Santa pulls through with that special Christmas wish of Tayson's. :)

0 comments: