Okay, so who wouldn't love living here, when you live only 25-30 minutes from this? Plus at least 10-15 other waterfalls. We spent Memorial Day hiking not far from our apartment and it was Breathtaking!
Our Crazy Tayson! Boys will be boys. If you didn't know, Tayson LOVES waterfalls! He has ever since we went to Yellowstone last summer. The only thing he has on his wall in his bedroom is a large poster of a waterfall in Yellowstone. We took him to a gift shop in Yellowstone, and all he wanted was a poster and postcards of waterfalls. Talk about easy souvenir shopping. So of course we stopped by Silver Falls Lodge and he requested yet another postcard to add to his waterfall collection.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Life in Oregon
The boys and I while hiking. Tayson hiked the entire time, and Camden, almost the entire time. They were quite the troopers. We only went probably 2 1/2- 3 miles of the 9 mile hike, but for two little guys, that was just long enough.
The Friday after we got here we went to the A.C. Gilbert Discovery Center (or something like that). Basically a children's Museum, with a couple old houses full of different rooms (bubble room, grocery store, etc) and a massive playground outside in the middle. With the Biggest tube slide Tayson had ever seen. He even went down it (not a huge surprise considering he is our fearless child however).
The boys favorite room of course was the bubble room. Check out this last picture if you click on it to enlarge it, you will see the excitement on Camden's face after popping a bubble over and over again.
The Saturday after we arrived, we went with my sister-in-law and niece to the Iris Festival. It was a LONG parade, and the boys were getting restless until they saw THIS! The "BIGGEST Monster Truck I ever did saw." (Tayson's words). The boys were in Heaven! It made the entire parade and wait worth it to see this near the end. They LOVE monster trucks.
Well, needless to say, so far we LOVE IT HERE! When we first arrived it was sunny and hot for about 5 days (95 degrees), but since then it has cooled down and we have had the opportunity to experience a little of Oregon's rainy days. Its been pretty enjoyable so far. It rained a little while we were hiking, but it isn't a bothersome rain, more of a mist. We LOVE our apartment, and Brady just got his bike fixed (after 3 years) and Tayson is LOVING going on bike rides with Daddy. He waits all day for Brady to get home to go. Just around the apartment complex for now, but he is quite the little rider. Just got to keep him focused on watching where he is going, rather than turning his head around to say hi or to look at something. AHHH! It is so nice to have Brady come home from work and not have hours of homework and studying each night. The bummer is that in order to get an Oregon drivers license you have to take the written test again. Brady was SO disappointed to hear that after he just finished studying and taking his boards. He has no desire to take anymore TESTS! Oh well. Sorry it took so long for me to get pictures up, thanks for the push Brit! I'll try to be better. Our problem is that Brady got a new camera for graduation because he wants to get into photography, but now he is the one taking pictures, etc, so I then had to wait for him to get his programs up and running and the pictures downloaded. I know I have pics of the boys just hanging out around our apartment complex, but I can't find our other camera. I'll keep looking.
Posted by
Brady and Rachel
at
3:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
FINALLY Pictures!!! Yay. I am totally jealous of Oregon. That is so gorgeous.
Hi Rachel,
I am actually in your new ward and friends with Crystal (just saw your comment on her blog)~she told me about how you were looking into pre-schools for your little guy. I just signed my little girl up at an AWESOME one so I gave the info to Crystal. Let me know if you have any questions about it, I am really excited about it and my daughter just LOVED the day we went to try it out.
I am excited to meet you, welcome! :-)
by the way, i forgot to mention that i had tried to call you to give you the info, rather than leaving it on here. i don't know your last name though! (?) ;) and i figured that you'd probably want to call them right away, incase they happen to have any spots left. anyway, you may want to delete that last message after you read it so that the whole world doesn't know where you (and shalyse) plan on taking your kids to school next year.
have a good day! and good luck. :)
It looks so beautiful there...I'm jealous Glad to see you settling
in and enjoying life!! Give everyone a hug from us!! We miss you!
you're killin me! :) jk- i love it. any oregon propaganda is highly appreciated on my end since we feel like the mainland is one big land of opportunities that we dont know enough about so this is awesome! thanks for offering to help with the housing hunt - haha- give me some negotiation time and we may just be taking you up on that. :)
and by the way- i LOVE the photo of camden and his excitement in the bubble room. i think there is nothing like the happiness of your child, so addictive- cant wait until ambrose is old enough to truly appreciate cool childrens museums!
Oregon looks beautiful!!! I love waterfalls too- it looks stunning! I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying it there. Funny you asked about being in Utah County in July, because we actually plan on being there from July 4-14th. I know you said you'd be there on the 13th so maybe we can find some time to meet up with you. That would be fun. I told Ryan and he said that would be great. Even though I've never met you, I feel like I know you just from blogging so much and it would be so fun to meet you and your family:0). We'll keep you posted with our plans.
way to take ADVANTAGE of your OREGONIAN-NESS!!! ahh....how refreshing was that POST?! i love it....gorgeous...how GREAT! your boys are adorable...so excited for life...SO happy for you!!! so fun!
sounds like a great place to live! i am so jealous of all the fun stuff to do around there. but i guess people say the same thing about hawaii. i love taysons quote.
Looks like it's beautiful there! How exciting to be in a new place but be close to family at the same time!!
Man you guys know how to party! Fun, and beautiful...can I come next time?
Beautiful pictures! I love OR. I am sure that you and Brady will love it there.
Post a Comment