Saturday, January 12, 2008

Bike riding


The neighbor boys have bikes with training wheels so Tayson and Camden are getting some experience learning to ride them. They LOVE IT. These pictures are from earlier today. Colin, next door, is about 2 1/2 months older than Camden, and quite the pro on his bike. Its amazing! Camden is just starting to learn, but can pedal a little all by himself. Tayson really wants a bike, but I think we will have to wait a while, because I think it would be more devastating to get one and then have to leave it behind when we leave, because we have no more room in our car even if we could fly it back to AZ. Hopefully once we get to Oregon he can get his first "Big bike". Tayson thinks he is so old now that he is four. On the day of his birthday, I gave him a sippy cup for dinner or lunch (can't remember which) and he was quick to say. "Mom, I'm too old for a sippy cup now." Funny thing is it didn't take him more than probably 10 minutes to tip over the regular cup when he wasn't paying attention. He is growing up though, YIKES!
The boys sure haven't had the best of luck with injuries. Camden's missing fingernail still looks Disgusting! Then Tayson decided to play with a random cat he saw, and got bit wednesday evening. He's been begging to go to the beach ever since, but we can't because the wound took off quite a few layers of skin so it is taking FOREVER to heal it seems like. If we went to the beach now, the moment the water hits his foot he is going to scream, not to mention what kind of bacteria there would be around there to get in the wound. Hopefully by monday we will be good to go and after it heals we can avoid any more injuries for a while so we can enjoy the sun, beach and water. It still beats being in the snow and cold though.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Looks like fun, although I think Tayson needs a bigger bike when he gets his own! :) I can't believe he go bit by a cat?! Yikes. We miss you guys and hope all is well!

Brady and Rachel said...

I agree, he will need a bigger bike, this one that he borrows is a bit small, but the one Camden is riding is even smaller. Any idea what size Sophie's is? I know they have measurements in inches and I have no idea what size I would need to get when we do get him one. Any help would be great