Yesterday was a rather emotional day for Tayson. He was asking why we had to hurry somewhere after his nap and I explained that we had to be back quickly because someone was coming to see Charli's apartment because they might move there when Charli leaves. He got all teary eyed and emotional and said "I don't want Charli to move mom, because then I won't have anymore friends". I felt so bad for him. He came over by me while I was on the computer looking at Lexie's blog (a friend and previous manager at the storage facility) and he saw a picture of her little girl looking sad and asked why Nora was sad and I explained that she was sad because they had to move so far away (Michigan) and he got all emotional and teary eyed again and said he that he wants Sophie (Nora's sister and his other best friend) to come back because he misses her. He brought me to tears with the look on his face, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a picture. What a sad kid. Everytime I look at the picture I want to cry.
Reality that his friends are moving away is starting to hit this little boy. This morning he ran to the window to see if Charli was still here (if their car was here) because he thought maybe she moved last night when he went to bed. He doesn't realize which day she is moving, so each day I think he will be checking to make sure she hasn't left yet. Fortunately a young couple came to look at the apartment yesterday that have a 3-yr-old boy (a little younger than Tayson) that may get the job here, so Tayson may still have someone to play with the rest of the time we are here. If not, he and Camden will be the oldest kids here. As our friends have and are moving away, it is really starting to sink in just how little time we have left here. We have less than two months before we leave this apartment, and just about two months before we leave Utah. The kids don't really understand that we are moving too. Tayson tells people he is moving to Hawaii, but he has known this for almost 6 months and I think he is confused as to when it is really going to happen. We are sad to be leaving our family and friends here in Utah, but at the same time are looking forward to the adventures that lie ahead (not to mention warm weather!, especially after the snow that is headed this way this weekend).
Friday, October 5, 2007
One sad little boy
Posted by
Brady and Rachel
at
2:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hey RACHIE. :) couldnt' help it...that picture pulled MY heart strings and I dont even KNOW Tayson too well! Life is fun and full of adventures and change...everyone that meets you will feel blessed...HEY...awesome to see you yesterday...just love ya!
Poor Tayson! I definitely will not let Sophie see this picture. Too sad. He's definitely at the hard part right now, saying good-bye is not fun! Just to give you some hope I'm sure once you are in Hawaii (so jealous..) I'm sure he will do great. Sophie has adjusted quickly and had only had one really hard day. Tell Tayson we said hi! Miss you guys. Lexie
Cute kids!! Enjoyed much!
Love, Grandma Clark
(transcribed by Alina)
Post a Comment