Sunday, October 11, 2009

Its about time I post again


Camden having fun playing outside and getting dirty this summer.

Our good friends Scott and Cielita stopped to visit on the way up to WA from CA with their moving truck and spent some time playing with the boys. They spoiled them too with some fun outdoor toys, including this bean bag toss. They boys had a blast playing with them, and we enjoyed seeing them of course too, and introducing them to our newest addition.

Buddies: Tayson and Scott

Hanging out by their moving truck as they were getting ready to continue their drive. We miss them, but look forward to visiting them up in Vancouver Canada hopefully in the near future. Maybe the Olympics!

They seriously are SO AWESOME! Cielita and Brady were in PT school together and they've been so wonderful to us from day one. They've known Tayson since he was about 1 1/2 and Camden from birth. We have many GREAT memories with these guys. We miss seeing them more frequently, but are looking forward to them being only about 7 hours away now. YAY!

Camden was giving these crazy loves as they were leaving. Can you tell he's trying to squeeze has hard as he can.

And here too!

We also took a day before school started to go to the Portland childrens museum and play. The boys had a BLAST! Especially with this construction zone, where they could dig and play, but not get dirty, since it was really pieces of rubber I think, not gravel, but it sure looked like dirt/gravel.

You could even do your own face painting, but Tayson had no desire to paint his own face, he just wanted to paint all over dad instead. Daddy was a great sport!

Camden on the other had LOVED painting/drawing all over himself!

This has been what most of our summer has consisted of. Playing outside for hours with our friend/neighbor Ayla. She is almost exactly a year younger than Camden and the SWEETEST girl. The boys have a blast playing with her almost every day. They are in the process of selling their home though, so we will definitely be missing them when they leave. I think the boys might go through withdrawals. But we can't blame them for wanting to move on. They want to move a bit further south of town, which is where we would eventually like to end up too, so no hard feelings. We are just now hoping we get good neighbors on both sides of us, since both homes are for sale. Could make or break our own home, which as of now WE LOVE.

Baylee is growing like crazy! She has her 4 month check up tomorrow, which is actually her 5 month mark, just a month late. OOPs. She is such a HAPPY baby. We all adore her and love making her laugh. She smiles at anyone/everyone that smiles at her. She has been our easiest baby/ and happiest baby yet.
I've gotten into crocheting lately and am having a blast doing it in spare time. I just wanted to make a hat for her halloween costume I am making, but I had so much fun I wanted to try other kinds of hats, in particular this newsgirl hat, which I think turned out pretty good for a first try. I've always thought these hats were just so darn cute.
Tayson and Baylee snuggling and giggling in Tayson's bed.

Camden and Baylee doing the same.

Tayson officially started school mid-Sept. Then 3 days later we took him out for 2 1/2 weeks for a fun family trip to Utah. I was a little nervous about how he would do when we returned, thinking friendships would be formed between the other classmates, etc, and he wouldn't be there during the first few weeks. He LOVES being back in school, so I think he will be just fine afterall! No need to worry I guess.
This is our proud 5 year old before his flight solo to Utah. That's right, he flew to Utah Alone! Who's idea was this anyways? Oh ya, His! Was I nuts allowing this? If you had asked me a couple days prior I might have said yes. But seriously he did AWESOME! Brady gave us blessings 3 days before when Tayson was starting school, and he blessed that all would go well with this trip too. Reality hit for me the morning of and I started getting knots in my stomach, but by the time we started driving to the airport, I felt very at peace. It was wonderful! I had been so worried I would cry at the airport and then he would start crying, but that didn't happen for either of us. He has been Begging for almost 10 months do fly alone to Utah, so we finally allowed him to do it, and he LOVED IT! He was SO excited and when it came time to go, he gave me a hug and said goodbye with a BIG smile and never looked back. He was very proud of himself, and why not! I would be to if I were him. Gosh, I was proud of myself for having the courage to allow it, or maybe I should say I was Grateful to Heavenly Father for giving me the courage to allow it. He only went a couple days before Camden, Baylee and I drove, since it was the first time away from our family for him so I thought a couple days early would be plenty and then he would be excited to see us again. He was gracious to allow us to stay when we showed up in Utah, but now talks about the "11 day" trip he wants to make next time all alone, and fly both ways alone! Who's child is this?

Loving brothers before Tayson boarded. Camden missed him just a little. I was worried he would be so sad, but I think he needed the break and to have our attention to himself, besides Baylee. He and Tayson are best friends many times, but great enemies other times, so a short break was good. Camden and Baylee were GREAT travelers for me on the way down, which was a huge blessing to say the least. Brady flew down a week later, and then we all drove back a week and a half after that. There were SO many people we had hoped to see, but unfortunately ran out of time to see most of them. We apologize to all those we missed, it went by WAY to fast. We will hope for the next trip to catch up with more. Thanks to all those who found time in their busy schedules for us to spend time with you. It was a lot of fun!

The boys creating their flower arrangement at uncle Jakey's grave. They had to have it Just So! They did a great job, and it was so great to finally have a chance to go back there, now that we live so far away.

Brady had a list of things he wanted to do while we were there, things he had never done since we've been married and in Utah. I felt bad it took 7 years to finally do these with him. Most pics of our Utah trip are on Brady's camera, so I don't have them yet, but we do have this one of Tayson and Brady getting ready to go down Sliding Rock in Alpine, along with my little sis and my parents foreign exchange student. Camden also went down, I was amazed at how brave he was. I also went too. Once was enough though so it was SO COLD! Brady had to go 3 times though, by himself and then with each of the boys. Once was plenty for the boys! Also we drove the Alpine Loop while we were in Utah, and FINALLY hiked the "P" in Alpine. You would think we would have done that at some point while we lived in Utah. I can't believe I never took him there, considering what it stands for. Oops. Sorry hun!

9 comments:

Thomas said...

It was fun reading this update. It sounds like you guys have been having lots of fun :)

Crafty Patterson Mom said...

I love the hat you made, I would love to get the pattern from you.

The Kroebers said...

That hat is adorable. Do you take orders? If sounds like your Tayson and my Eli are a lot alike. Eli will go anywhere by himself and is NEVER excited when he sees me again. I practically have to drag him home from friends houses and school.

Aim Aug said...

OH! I want on that list of people you see when you come to Utah!!! We miss you guys! Looks like you had a great summer. You are so brave. I don't know if I could let one of my kiddos fly alone! Good for you! Happy Fall!

Shepherd Family ACALPM said...

Oh I love love love that little hat! You can make one for Phoebe! hehe... Looks like you had a great time, I can't believe your little boy flew alone I think Allie would have been scared...Brave boy!

Unknown said...

I still just love that hat. Maybe now that we might have a girl you'll have to make me one too. Everytime Peyton sees a van at the a store she gets so excited and starts yelling "Tayson" We have to remind her that he went home on an airplane (only way for her to understand) and so now every plane has Tayson on it. haha.

Melissa said...

I love the hat too! It was so fun to see you while you were here! Asher had a blast with Camden and Tayson! Let me know next time you're here!

The Foulgers said...

Looks like you have had a great time! Tayson is soo big: school and airplane- WOW!!! LOve, lOVe, LoVe the hat!!! Now I am going to have to get back to crocheting! Loved it!!!

Candis said...

Looks like you had a great summer! The kiddos are getting so big and are so dang cute. Baylee is just a doll and good job with that hat, it's great!