Well, we're finally progressing in the painting department of our home. After we moved in, Brady had a BIG presentation at a conference here in Salem, that he had to prepare for so he was not much help for a while, and when that was over, the next two days his company moved to its new location (they just finished building it and it is AMAZING and much more spacious than the old location), so he was busy helping with that move as well as my brother and sister-in-law moved into their new house that same weekend so he helped them too. So needless to say, our house was postponed another week. I finally got tired of waiting and painted the guestroom, but we are waiting to put the baby furniture back in the baby's room so we can get the guest bed in, so I'll wait to post those pics. Two weeks after we moved in, Brady was finally able to find time in his crazy schedule to begin painting the baby's room, and of course the boys had to get into the action. They were sure excited to help paint their baby sibling's room.
Brady had the boys trained so he could take a break. j/k Though he could use a break. Life has been busy, crazy, yet a lot of fun the past couple weeks. We ran out of paint on the baby's room over the weekend, so we have to wait to finish it, probably tonight or tomorrow. Then we should be done with painting for a while I hope. Then it will be on to landscaping the backyard, which only consists of a massive patio and LOTS and LOTS of dirt right now (hopefully grass in the near future). Only 8 weeks left till this little one arrives too, which is CRAZY! Not sure we are ready at all.







7 comments:
Groan. I feel for you! We put in our front yard last fall, but Trent just started the back deck and then it's on to do the sprinklers and (someday) grass. You're luck though, we don't have dirt, just rocks with a tiny bit of dust inbetween. Good luck!
The boys are getting so big and look so cute. I can't believe you have 8 weeks left..... I can't wait to find out what you are having. How exciting (I think it's a girl by the way!) Good luck with all you have going on. Hopefully you'll be able to relax and enjoy your little one when the time comes!
I'm sure the boys were soo proud to help- they are soo cute! Painting is such a pain- so congrats on being almost done! Better see you tomorrow at playgroup- yes, that's a threat!
haha- cute helpful boys!
YOU HAVE A HOUSE! that is so so cool!
how great that you have to boys so involved. This is a time all of you will always remember as so much fun, even if it is crazy right now. I remember when we were really involved building our house as kids. I loved it all! Enjoy your new place!
You trusted them with paint! jk
So how many bedrooms are there? Is the guest room part of the baby room. I'm confused? And if not were you saying you painted that on your own? You go! I'd be too scared of screwing it up or actually....I'd probably be too big of a perfectionist and it would take me months! Looks good though. Can't wait to see it all... someday.
What super-cute little helpers! I bet they loved painting!! So cute!
Post a Comment