Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tayson is 5!!! Happy Birthday Bud!

Well, while we were in Utah we got to celebrate Tayson's 5th birthday. It was fun to be with family for his birthday instead of here just the four of us. He had a blast. We went bowling the night before and to dinner with my side of the family and had cake and ice cream since his birthday was on a Sunday. Then on Sunday we had dinner with Brady's side of the family too, (that is where the previous wrestling pictures came from.)This is My version of Tayson's birthday cake. I figured as long as it had construction trucks, rocks, etc he would be thrilled. I figured we could do without a crane since he and Camden had already gotten 3 for Christmas, and there wasn't much room on the cake.

This is Tayson's version of his cake. He wasn't too thrilled when he saw the cake so because it didn't have a crane. So he ran downstairs and grabbed the new little yellow one he got from Christmas and brought it upstairs and added it to the cake.

As you can see by the smile, he was then thrilled with his birthday cake!

He loved the attention of everyone singing happy birthday to him too.

He got a new backpack from Nana and Papa. He was SO EXCITED. He asked me about 3 weeks before why everyone in his preschool class had a bigger backpack than him (he was using a small one that detached from a rolling backpack that he had one a couple years ago at a 5k race). I asked if he would like a big backpack for his birthday and he excitedly said YES! He just left this morning with his new backpack on to preschool, his first day back after the break. He loves to have everything BIG.

He also got a new basketball hoop. He loves to play basketball and says he is better than Daddy. He wants to be just like daddy.

This is a pic I forgot to post. Both boys got......DIXIE CUPS.... for Christmas. When we were in Seattle for Thanksgiving, our friends niece was playing with these if you remember from a previous post. Well since the boys had so much fun, we got them some for Christmas. Papa helped Tayson make the biggest tower ever and they were all excited!!
It is hard to believe Tayson is now 5! He is growing up fast. Its crazy how once they turn a certain age they think they are so old and can do anything they want, or once they start school, etc. Tayson asked why he can't go to kindergarten now though since we had told him in the Fall he had to be five to go to kindergarten. He thought that as soon as he turned 5 he could. It wasn't too hard to convince him though that he has to finish preschool first and then have summer break. He LOVES preschool! so he was fine with that. Tayson is such a great Big Brother to Camden and they have been playing together SOOO well lately. I love having two boys close in age. Tayson is still our sensitive child and wants to make everyone happy. He gets emotional when watching any movie where someone is sad. Its pretty cute! I have no doubt he is going to be a great big brother to the new baby boy or girl growing inside. I love to watch him with my niece Peyton cause he loves her just like a little sister, so I have no doubt whether we have a boy or a girl, he'll be great. Happy Birthday Sweet Boy! I am SOOO Proud of you!

3 comments:

Alee and Brandon said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAYSON! I can't believe he's 5! I wish he and Zach were in the same class, he always seems like such a happy kid. Love the cake, and I think it's funny he wanted a bigger backpack. Zach would say the EXACT same thing!

Stephanie said...

cute cute CUTE cake rachel! awesome. i will have to file that away in my "ideas for a boys birthday cake" file... in my brain that is. :)

debs said...

That cake is awesome, Rachel! You are amazingly creative!