Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's A.........

Healthy baby as far as we know. Yesterday we went in for the ultrasound. All went well as far as we know, they don't say much, until after our doctor sees everything and then he will give us the report, but everything seemed to be go well (10 fingers, toes, etc). We'll just keep praying for a good report at the next dr. appt. As for the gender......











We still don't know! Ha ha. I was serious when I said we weren't going to find out the gender of this little one. I know many thought I would cave when the time came, but I really wasn't tempted because I was so set on it so long ago. It really has made this pregnancy so much fun! Sorry if you were hoping we had an answer to the gender of this little one. You'll have to wait along with us till the little girl/guy arrives. The boys STILL insist that it is a girl, but I'm sure they will be happy if it is a boy too. They are both just so excited to have a baby around. They LOVE babies. Brady and I really will be happy with either as well. We love boys and wouldn't mind another cute one, but at the same time if it is a girl, it'll be fun to (though a little more scary I think, as I know little to nothing about raising a girl). Crazy to think only 17 1/2 weeks left. It seems to be going really fast.

On another note, we put an offer in on a house yesterday as well. We'll see what happens. Our hopes are not extremely high, but we know it will all works out if it is where the Lord wants us to be. It would mean leaving our ward unfortunately, which we absolutely love, but we are sure we'll love any ward we end up in too. We'll keep you all posted.

12 comments:

Stacia said...

Hey Rachel!
Thanks for leaving such nice notes on our blog...I feel like I'm isolated from the world after I have a baby...and its nice to hear from people in the ward. I hope everything works out with the house. On one hand, I want you guys to be able to buy a house, but on the other hand, I don't want you to leave! We will miss you if you go, but if you stay, we wouldn't complain! Hope you guys are doing good otherwise. We'll be back at church soon. Thanks again for being such good friends!

Unknown said...

I knew you wouldn't cave. I still think it's a girl too. Congrats on putting on offer in. I'm praying for you guys!

Erin Axson said...

You are so strong! I was so curious about this alien in my tummy! I seriously asked my doctor to check if the baby had hair and he just laughed at me!! I had to examine every nook and cranny of that little stinker!
You have such cute boys so that would be wonderful if you added one more cute boy to your already darling family but I can just picture how cute a little girl would be!
Thanks for the tips on how to be a good mama to boys... I will have many more questions as time goes on:)

Stephanie said...

this is all wonderful news! i cant believe you put an offer on a HOUSE! that is awesome. i hope things work out!

Nicholas and Brittani said...

Oh my gosh I was so excited...I totally thought you caved and wanted to know what you found out. The inmportant part is that everything looked good so CONGRATS!!!

Jamie said...

I thought about not finding out but I don't think I could do it!! I'm so impressed that you didn't cave! I hope you have a girl soooooo bad! They are so fun! I[m hoping for a girl because I want Brighten to have a sister more than anything!!!

Jana and BJ said...

I am so curious whether it is a boy or girl, (my gut tells me it's a girl) but I was fine until you hinted that maybe you knew the gender. My heart was beating fast while I was waiting for the page to load. Don't get me all excited like that!

I am excited about your house offer. Stressful/exciting!

Take care! Jana

Alee and Brandon said...

I can't wait to find out what you're having! :) Whichever it is, it'll be well loved with those big brothers!

And...WHAT?! Please don't move out!!! lol. Okay, you can, but we'd miss you guys!

tclybb said...

well, I must say, I'm very impressed! I've been pregnant four times and found out all four. I just couldn't bring myself not to know. IF we have another one, a big IF, I don't want to find out, but I know with my lack of will power, it probably won't happen, plus its always been fun for the kids to be able to put a gender to their announcement to any stranger willing to listen. But anyway, I'm excited to hear the gender when your little one makes its debut. Good job, again, for not caving!

Gates & Tausha said...

it's a little "it" whetten....ahhhhh....booga booga. :) i think it's SO fun that you're not finding out!!! good luck on the house offer----that's ALSO a GREAT fun time of life! :)

Annette and Scott said...

Scott is so pleased that you are keeping the gender a surprise. We were part of the generation where the gender was always a surprise. Sounds like everything is going well...good luck on the new home I'm sure it will work out if it's meant to...Love to you all!!

Leisa Waldron said...

That will be exciting when the baby comes...even more of a surprise. One more person voted for Crew! :) Not that it really matters what people vote, I just thought it would be fun to do a poll of our top 3 names. :) Good luck with the house!