Here are our pics from Halloween night and our ward party the week before:


A big strong superman and a cute froggy. If you ask Camden what he was for halloween, he says "a cute froggy". Tayson had his heart set on being superman two months before, so we were glad to finally get the perfect costume on Ebay.

Tayson at Brady's boss' house halloween night after trick or treating.

Camden at their house.

We went to Brady's boss' house for a halloween party after trick or treating. Tayson came to realize there that passing out candy can be as much fun as getting candy. He designated himself as the person to hand out the candy at their house. When we were getting ready to leave I found him here on the front porch all alone waiting for trick or treaters, though they were all long gone. He was sure someone would eventually come. This kid had SOOOO much fun on halloween, I felt so bad that the night was ending and it wouldn't be halloween for another YEAR!
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST...

Buddy the Elf. Brady told me on Wednesday, THE DAY BEFORE HALLOWEEN that he wanted to dress up for halloween too. So Wednesday at work he emailed me and asked if I could somehow put together a "buddy the elf" costume, from his ALL-TIME FAVORITE holiday movie. WHAT?! The day before halloween?! Well, I have to admit, I think overall it turned out pretty well, especially on such short notice. Thank goodness for thrift stores, fabric, foil and a boss who ironically owns a bright yellow pair of spandex shorts. We were out of luck on the yellow tights, so we had to improvise with the shorts. It was also Brady's first time wearing tights I believe, and lets just say he has a new appreciation for women. He lucked out that the weather turned out quite nice by trick or treating time (it was cold and rainy in the morning) so he didn't freeze TOO much.


He even carried his syrup with him as we took the boys trick or treating. Though we didn't have any spaghetti to go along with it. The night before we also had to watch Elf as a family so that he could refresh his mind on all the lines.

Buddy the Elf and John McCain
Overall, the Elf costume was a huge hit with the ward members we ran into while trick or treating and anyone who had seen the movie. There were a few odd looks from people who hadn't ever seen the movie, but for the most part everyone recognized who he was. He got a lot of compliments and laughs.
The boys are loving sorting and playing with all their halloween candy every day since, and for probably weeks to come. Camden got the hang of trick or treating REALLY quick and began yelling "trick or treat" as soon as the doors opened. I had to keep reminding him to say it nicely, because he was becoming quite demanding. He loved trick or treating the first while till we came to a house where the guy opened the door dressed up with a "Scream" mask on. Camden FREAKED OUT!!! and started screaming and crying and stumbling backwards from the door. After that house, EVERY house we went to, he asked me if there was going to be a scary man there and was rather hesitant till I reassured him there probably wouldn't be anymore. He was much more cautious about the whole trick or treating thing. He hates masks, when we went to stores before halloween Tayson would occasionally try on masks, he'd even be standing right in from of Camden as he put the mask on, and as soon as he did, Camden would freak out and back away as fast as he could. So I told Brady he couldn't be a scary monster or anything for halloween because Camden wouldn't handle it. I don't think Brady quite realized the effects it was having on Camden until that guy with the mask opened the front door and Brady saw Camden's reaction. It was sad yet pretty funny at the same time. Oh ya, and no I did not dress up as anything. I don't dress up for halloween, I just enjoy dressing up my kids, and as of this year dressing up my husband.
9 comments:
Hillarious!!!! Gotta love a brave boy that has no problem wearing panty hose and spandex! The little ones were way cute!
Love you guys!
The kids look great! I don't know what to say about Brady.... :)
good job with the buddy the elf costume! he looks great
brady! brady! the kids look great, but brady! tell thomas that dressing up is fun please. this is awesome. :)
I love it! The kids look adorable, but Brady looks AWESOME! I never realized that you are Buddy's twin. Nice work on the costume Rachel!
Tell Tayson that he is so BUFF!! Love the costume. Wish we could have seen them but glad you posted pics. Love Brady's costume too. Tyler was begging me to have us both dress up but I never got around to it and it seemed like such a hassle. I think we will try and dress up next year though and maybe coordinate with Peyton.
Ha, ha,
The Buddy costume is awesome! Even more impressive considering the short notice. My last minute costumes have never turned out so well. The boys look great as well of course.
Brian Phillips
The costumes are great...although I can't believe that Brady likes that movie...We missed seeing you all trick or treating at our home...maybe someday you'll be back here for Halloween. Looks like everyone had a great time!!
Brady, you are hilarious! What a nice wife to pull this together for you in time for halloween. It is so fun for me to keep track of you through blogging. Your family is so cute!
Post a Comment