Wednesday, July 21, 2010

More of Hawaii


Baylee LOVED the water

and she loved the sand for the most part


Just not so much being buried in the sand.
The boys just simply LOVED EVERYTHING about Hawaii.


Cousin Hudson holding some of the fish that were caught one night doing (I can't remember what it is called, I'll have to ask Brady) Sorry. Or I'm sure someone else can fill it in. :) Not the hukilau, but the one where they go out with the tube and lay the net and use the leaves to pat the water and scare the fish into the net. (THANKS Lindsey. It is paipai fishing.)

Here are the fish that were caught on the first try. They did it a few other times after the kids went to bed.

Brady and his brother Todd and cousin Andrew went out and went spear fishing with a few of the men from the ward in Kayaks. Our men didn't fair so well, but the men they went with caught quite a few and willingly shared some of their catch with us when they came back. It was a fun experience for them though.

Grandma Clark and cousin Andrew were able to fly over and join us for ward camp too. It was a lot of fun!

Cousins playing Ruckus. Funny story behind this game. I happened to be at Deseret book up by the temple shortly before Christmas and saw this game that caught my attention only because of the name. In high school some of Brady's best friends had a band called Ruckus, only spelled slightly different I think. But I decided to by the game strictly because of the name as sort of a silly gift for Brady. Well, we finally broke the game out about a month and a half or two ago and the kids LOVED it, so when Brady's mom came for the marathon, they taught her to play. She loved it and went to Utah and bought one and taught Brady's brother's and sister's families and bought a few more games when she got back to Hawaii and when we went there, they taught his other Brother's family the game to, and so the kids had a blast playing it while we were there. Who would have thought the game would have become so popular. :) I still just have to laugh.



Some pics from Ward Camp. Sorry we didn't think to take pics during any of the festivities, mainly because neither of us wanted to haul Brady's camera around much, and mine broke shortly after we got there.



And I can't even begin to describe what it was like to fall asleep and wake up to the sound of this each night and morning that we were at camp. Simply Magical!

2 comments:

Testing said...

Are you talking about paipai fishing?

Brady and Rachel said...

See I knew someone would come through on that. Thanks Lindsey! Exactly what I meant.