Sorry, I don't have time to find pictures, etc to post, but I thought I ought to at least give a quick update since its been a LONG while. We are all doing well, and healthy fortunately. :) Tayson still LOVES kindergarten and is doing very well. It is so amazing to me to see him reading! I thought it would be this big long process of teaching him, but he's picked it up so well through school. We were reading the picture scriptures and he was doing really well and now his teacher sends home 3 books every few days for him to practice, and he LOVES it. I LOVE listening to him read. Camden turned 4 in Feb. CRAZY! When Tayson turned 4 we were living in Hawaii for Brady's internship. Crazy to think Camden is now this age. Time has flown by and we've had a lot of adventures. Camden has FINALLY decided that he can say prayers by himself without help. :) For the longest time he has REFUSED to say them without just repeating what we say. Seriously. REFUSED! But out of the blue one day he did it and within a few days he now does it all alone (after a few days of coaxing). He does GREAT! Its now one of our favorite things to hear him say prayers. It sounds so cute and he blesses the cutest things that make us smile.
Baylee - now where to begin? She's a joy of course! We LOVE her. She is definitely a Mama's girl, and honestly I can't complain. I know I brought it on myself because I've wanted to hold her so much that now she wants to be held so much, mainly by mommy. She's gotten a lot better this week though, being happy with Daddy holding her. She's 10 months old today. Now I'm sure you're asking what is she doing lately? Ha, that's the funny thing, not much. She's 10 months old and she doesn't crawl (doesn't even attempt), she can FINALLY scoot around in a 360 to get things. She's been able to sit well for a VERY long time and now is willing to flop herself onto her belly to reach something if needed, where before she would just reach as far as possible from her sitting position, but still stay sitting. I took her to her 9 month checkup and here was the conversations:
Doctor: "How's she doing? Is she crawling?"
Me: "Nope. She still doesn't roll over" (seriously people)
Me: "Well we figured out she CAN roll over, she just refuses too and if she does it is complete accident and she gets mad"
Doctor: "Really?" (looking at her sitting on the table) "Well she definitely looks strong enough"
Me: "I agree, I think she just really has no interest in being mobile, she's content to stay put"
D: "does she pull herself up on things?"
Me: Nope, if I prop her up (like on the couch) she can stand.
D: "Okay, when you do put her up, does she cruise around the couch"
Me: NOPE
D: "hmm." Does she pick up food?"
Me: YEP she's GREAT at that! (Yay a yes to something!)
D: "Well, I'm not concerned developmentally right now. She is definitely strong enough. But by a year she should be crawling for sure, pulling herself up on things, cruising around once she's up, etc"
Update: one month later, still not much closer to crawling. She finally will use our fingers to pull herself up, but won't try to pull herself up on furniture etc. A week ago she wouldn't even step when I held her hands, but now she take steps, though not all too stable of ones. Her bed is still up high like a newborn crib. She just lays on her back until we come get her, usually happy, talking , or sucking on her binky, but she doesn't sit up on her own or roll to her tummy, etc.
But seriously I don't feel I should be concerned at this point, she just seems so content to do what she's doing. Though I am hoping soon enough she might start to make some progress, just so I don't see a concerned look on her Dr.'s face in 2 months.
Brady still loves his job and we LOVE it here! We LOVE our house. This winter has been AWESOME! A lot of SUNNY days and warmer days! We can't complain one bit. It is currently downpouring, but its about time it probably ought to start showing signs of Oregon's typical winter weather. So we won't complain. :) Sorry, that was long. Adios for now.
Friday, March 12, 2010
No time for Pictures, but a quick update
Posted by
Brady and Rachel
at
5:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment