Friday, August 14, 2009

7 Years and Counting


7 years ago today I married my Best Friend! Its been a long road, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. We've been through SO much, and moved many times, worked many jobs, gone to multiple schools, started a career and bought our first home. Last but not least, had three beautiful children. He is an amazing father and husband! I woke up this morning to these roses on our kitchen table. They are beautiful! I can honestly say it is not rare to find flowers on our table. There have been many times that Brady has surprised me with flowers, just because, or if he knows I am having a hard day/week, or for my b-day or mothers day or anniversary. When we got married. His aunt gave us a vase and told him to frequently fill it with flowers for me, not just on special occasions. He has done just that, even when we were struggling college students for so many years. It was something that didn't cost much to do, but had meant a lot each time he did. Its crazy to look back and think of all the things we've done, and been through together in the past 7 years. It seems like it has gone by so fast in some ways, but at the same time when I think of ALL that we have done in the past 7 years, all the college classes we've taken, places we've moved, jobs we've had, friends we've made, children we've added to our family, etc, it seems like it really has been 7 YEARS if that makes sense. I'm so grateful we LOVE where we are now, LOVE Brady's job, LOVE where we live, LOVE our house, etc. It is so nice to see Brady go to work at a job he LOVES, it makes a world of a difference, I wouldn't trade it for anything! Happy Anniversary Brady, thanks for being my Best Friend, and letting me talk and tell stories all I want. Even if at times you tune me out because I just keep going. ;)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Tell Brady to pass along the tip to Tyler. By golly his mom is a florist you'd think he'd have it figured out.

Stephanie said...

august must be anniversary month!! happy seven years- that's a good chunk of time. we love you guys!

Leslie said...

Hi Rachel - i found your blog tonight clicking from blog to blog. Your kids are adorable! I hope you are well! Leslie (weisenburger) Moss

Annette and Scott said...

Happy Belated anniversary! Hope you celebrated in a big way! Miss seeing you but love watching your family grow & reading about you all on the blog!! HUGS!!