Monday, April 27, 2009

This should be Fun!

Well, one day a few weeks ago a package showed up on our front steps. When I opened it, I found this. It's from Brady's grandmother. She had told me that since I wasn't finding out the gender, I would have to be happy with a white blanket. I told her that was perfectly fine. I just LOVE having a blanket for each one of our kids from her that she has handmade. Well, when I opened the package, I was surprised to find three small hats along with the blanket, a white one, pink one and blue one. It gave me an instant idea. So I told Brady my idea when he got home from work and he just laughed. Here is my plan: I told Brady when the baby arrives, he needs to put the white hat on the baby and take a picture and text it to our family and those friends that want, and let you all wonder, guess, whatever for a little while. he he. Then after an hour or so, (it'll probably be a little earlier, as I know we have family that are ANXIOUSLY awaiting to find out and might not be able to handle waiting too long), he will take a pic with either the pink or blue hat on depending on the gender, and send it out. I figure, why not have some fun with this. So anyways, just thought I would let everyone know, in case you are interested in being a part of it. We do have a laptop now so will be able to post pics to the blog sooner than before we return home, but probably not right away. So if you are interested, and you don't think I have your cell #, please email me with it. Email address is: rachwhetten@hotmail.com.
As an update, 3 weeks till the due date, 2 weeks till the likely induction. CRAZY! We are getting excited, especially the boys. It'll be fun to have a little baby around again. Its been a little while. We are excited and still planning for a boy, but of course a girl would be a fun surprise too. Either way we will be thrilled! Right now we are all just trying to get over the colds we just recently got (haven't been sick in over 4 months or more, and now suddenly we all get to be sick). I guess I should count our blessings that we can be sick now and hopefully get over it before the baby arrives, rather than getting sick once he/she arrives. Take care for now.

2 comments:

Jana and BJ said...

That is such a fun idea! I'm totally bummed though because I can't get or send pictures through text. grrrr. So make sure you send a text with just words and don't wait too long to post a blog. I am so anxious to find out who is in there. I will be praying that all goes well and that the epidural works, especially if you are getting induced.

Unknown said...

I say forgo the white one and just take a pic of the blue or pink. Love the cake! Happy Birthday Brady!