They have a little girl, Aubrey, who is Camden's age, and a boy Jared, who is 6. The boys needless to say had a blast and made new best friends to say the least. We've never seen Camden play SOOO well with another kid. They went into our bedroom near bedtime and told me they wanted to shut the door while they played. I went in to check on them later and found them hanging out and playing, and pretending to go to sleep in the playpen.
Tayson and Jared
And here is the main reason we chose to go the weekend that we did...... None other than
BYU vs Washington Huskies football game. Brady was ECSTATIC knowing they were coming to Seattle so he bought tickets as soon as he could. Fortunately they WON, so the trip was definitely a success! Its not as enjoyable if they lose cause then I deal with a grumpy husband the rest of the day.
Tayson and Daddy hanging out at the game.
Our family at the game. They weather was hot and sunny, not usual for Seattle of course, so we hadn't brought sunscreen and left with lovely sunburns, but it was worth it, and we had great seats.
The boys picked blackberries just outside the stadium after the game. A funny story....a couple months after we moved to Oregon, we went to a farmer's market and Brady wanted to get some berries for smoothies. Blackberries were the cheapest, so we bought some. Little did we know, blackberries grow like weeds in the Northwest. They are EVERYWHERE, why would you ever want to pay money for them, when they line the streets, parks, stadiums, etc? We even have a few across the road from our apartment. We've learned our lesson.


BYU vs Washington Huskies football game. Brady was ECSTATIC knowing they were coming to Seattle so he bought tickets as soon as he could. Fortunately they WON, so the trip was definitely a success! Its not as enjoyable if they lose cause then I deal with a grumpy husband the rest of the day.
Tayson and Jared playing after the game in the parking lot while we waited for traffic to diminish (though it never did).
One exhausted little boy by the time we headed back to the house after the game.



10 comments:
Love the pitures in the fountian! What a blast! SOOOOO cute!:)
Looks like you had so much fun! We have tried to go to the fountains and let Tay play in the water, but she just stands on the outskirts. I have push her in the water, then she usually gets mad at me.
Its about time you update! Looks like you've had a blast the past few weeks.
What a fun time!! & those lobster tails at the fish market look delicious!! I'll bet you all had a great time at the BYU game & thank goodness they won!! Thanks for your update...we miss you all!!
I can understand your relief when BYU won. Looks like a fun trip. And how fun that the cousins get along so well. That will be great for the kids growing up together!
holY COW you guys know how to have fun!!! :) what a blast...crazy/fun to see all the byu-ees!! love the boys pics as always! :)
I am so impressed with how much you travel and how adventurous you are with your little ones. We have not gone on a road trip in a really long time. I think cause we are still in the Hawaii mindset we forget that we can drive farther than 2 hours! You have inspired me, we are going to go somewhere SOON!
You guys get to travel so much. Your boys are so lucky. It looks like you had a fun trip.
Rachel, I found your blog through Curry and Melissa's. Hopefully you don't mind. Your family is so cute! It looks like you had a lot of fun in Seattle. How fun for you to be able to go to the BYU game. I know what you mean though with having a grumpy husband after a BYU loss. Those are not happy days. So far, this season has been very nice, lets hope it keeps up. You'll have to check out my blog, its tclybbert.blogspot.com. BTW, we've added another child. Our number is now four children. CRAZY!
aw, do you know how home sick you just made me? lol...yes, I still consider Seattle my 2nd home. I'm glad you had fun. I miss you guys!
Post a Comment