Brady wrote this on facebook last night after his date with Baylee (a day after the Connecticut Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting, and I want to remember it/save it so I am posting it here. It really touched my heart. Here's what he wrote:
"Growing up, we had a tradition of going on a date every year around Christmas time with our parents. I always loved it. We decided to continue that tradition with our kids. I don't know who looks forward to it more, them or me. 1 on 1 time at a restaurant of their choosing, followed by shopping for presents.
Tonights date with Baylee was especially meaningful. I don't think she noticed me wiping ...
Tonights date with Baylee was especially meaningful. I don't think she noticed me wiping ...
away a few tears as I reflected on the recent events. While my heart continues to ache for the victims and their families, my heart was filled tonight with love. Love for my sweet daughter that constantly makes me smile, and has me so wrapped around her finger it isn't even funny. Love for my other children that keep me going and teach me what true love is. Love for my wife and best friend. Love for the precious gift and opportunity I have to make memories with my loved ones. Love for Jesus Christ, whom I firmly believe embraced and loved 26+ precious new angels yesterday, and whose resurrection guarantees that we all will rise again. Love for my brother Jake, who is up there watching over his nieces and nephews (and hopefully his brother), and preparing for us to all be together again as an eternal family.
I'm so grateful for tender mercies like tonight to remind me of what is truly important in life. I'm so grateful for my parents always teaching me that memories are so much more important than things. Nobody will ever be able to take away my memory of a beautiful 3 yr old girl eating Mac n'cheese and singing out loud in the restaurant tonight."
I'm so grateful for tender mercies like tonight to remind me of what is truly important in life. I'm so grateful for my parents always teaching me that memories are so much more important than things. Nobody will ever be able to take away my memory of a beautiful 3 yr old girl eating Mac n'cheese and singing out loud in the restaurant tonight."



0 comments:
Post a Comment