Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Malia Brianna















In some ways its hard to believe its been 3 weeks since this little girl joined our family, but at the same time in other ways lets just say its been a LONG 3 weeks. ;) 
   Malia joined our family the afternoon of Leap day.  Weighing in at 7 lb 8 oz (our smallest baby, though not by much).  She also has a LOT of hair, which is something new for us for a newborn.  She was breech for so long in the womb, turning just 2 weeks beforehand, so for the longest time she was most comfortable with her legs up as high as she could get them once she came out.  Her legs have finally begun to relax a little. 
    Most pictures of her are while she is sleeping, lets just say that is because she's not the happiest girl awake. So it doesn't cross my mind at the time to take a picture. :( 
   The kids adore her, and there are no jealousy issues with any of them, especially Baylee which is a HUGE blessing as we are dealing with Malia crying so much.  Hoping that improves in the near future and she figures out some sort of sleep schedule at night.
  This was by far my easiest pregnancy, and all along I wondered if maybe it was because the Lord knew we might have a difficult newborn coming or something.  So I have to remind myself daily how grateful I am the pregnancy was so enjoyable (to give me strength to handle these first few months that likely lie ahead).  The Dr. gave her a perscription to see if by chance she has acid reflux and see if it might help her to feel better and be happier, it took 4 days to get the compound pharmacy to finally get it completed which was agonizing, so hoping we might see some relief in the next few days.  If not, then we'll just have to wait out what is likely colic in the weeks ahead I guess. 
   Malia is still perfect and precious in every way.  We wouldn't change her for the world.  Labor and delivery went well, all things considered.  To put it short, the epidural did not work correctly but considering what others were going through on the labor and delivery floor at the same time as me, I was just grateful to be dealing with what I was dealing with, vs what others were.  It made it bareable when I needed it most.
   Life is good, even sleep deprived.  Brady's mother came and helped in the beginning which was great and then my mom came shortly after which was also great!  The extra help was wonderful and I am so grateful to both of them for it!  Wish they were still here. :)  Spring break started today for Camden and tomorrow for Tayson.  They are excited and even more excited that Tayson got a 2 hour delay this morning because of snow.  They enjoyed playing in it this morning.  I always have to laugh when school is canceled or delayed because of a little snow on the ground, so different from Utah, but that's fine by me.  I LOVE only having snow once or twice a year.  Crazy though that it is coming SO LATE this year.
   We've had some odd weather this winter.  It had been in the 50s for a while and then the day Malia was born it decided to snow.  Then 4 days later on my birthday it was in the mid 60's LOL.  I've heard there's been crazy weather all over the country though so I'm not surprised by our weather (such as hail in Hawaii).  Just would be nice if it looked/felt like spring this week and next for "Spring" break.
   Well, that's all for now, just proud of myself for finally finding time to post. YAY!
  
   

0 comments: