Friday, May 13, 2011

I have time.

With Brady and the boys having a blast at Father and sons tonight (something the boys look forward to ALL YEAR long, I actually have time to blog. Amazing.

Life has kept us busy and we've had to rely on our Faith along the way. There have definitely been ups and downs, but we are trying our best and growing stronger as a family and making memories along the way.

Tayson is still LOVING first grade and loves to make friends with everyone. Its so nice when you step into Tayson's classroom to help and all the kids have to say about Tayson is nice things and they all want to be his friend. Sometimes I wonder if he uses up all his niceness at school and there isn't enough left for his little bro when he gets home some days ;) . We're working on it. :)

Brady has finally had some time to relax a little (in between his job and training for his next marathon) so we've taken advantage of it by taking a camping trip to the coast, celebrating birthdays, gardening, and just enjoying the little sun we see now and then. Hoping summer arrives soon! :)

Camden is SO EXCITED about Kindergarten this fall, excited enough that he doesn't mind that he is going to the doctor in a couple weeks for kindergarten shots. He doesn't mind the pain knowing it means he will be able to go to kindergarten after the summer. He makes me smile and I've enjoyed my time with him home each day this year while Tayson has been at school. He's tried my patience beyond belief, but our relationship is growing and he is such a sweetheart when he wants to be. :) He is LOVING t-ball this year and is just SO excited that he is now old enough to play "real" sports.

Baylee is officially two now and its crazy to believe its really been two years. We've all enjoyed her like crazy. She makes us smile and laugh even when she is mad (she's just so darn cute when she's mad or when she's done something she shouldn't it makes it difficult to get after her without cracking up laughing ourselves). She talks up a storm, has for a while, and LOVES to copy cat everything anyone says. She is SO NOT afraid to say "NO" , its become her favorite word. (yipee! not) She will also repeat over and over and over and over again what she is saying if you don't understand, until you do finally figure it out (its overwhelming when you can't figure it out and you just want to move on, but she won't let it go.) I feel like terrible twos no longer exist after the first two, because now we know about the terrible 3's, 4's, and 5's , etc that the 2's don't seem so bad. :)

I'm staying busy with the kids and then when I have my own time, I LOVE crafts. I've had a blast making some hats for family and friends over the past few months, creating some of my own styles, and growing in my skills. I'm addicted. :) I also have plans for sewing two adorable skirts for Baylee when I get a chance, and I'm dying to get into quilting at some point. Crafts are my way of therapy and relaxation, especially after a long day. There's just something about creating things and the beauty in it.

Well, that's about it for now.

0 comments: