Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Kite Festival

We spent the day at the kite festival at Lincoln City on the shore a couple weekends ago. It was a blast and it was amazing to watch these professionals with their kites, dancing them to the music, flying two or three kites all alone (one in each hand and one tied to his waist). It takes a LOT of skill I've figured out. It was a BEAUTIFUL day! and it was so fun to be a short distance from home, yet feel like we were on vacation somewhere far away. The shore is always a great place to go here.
Five people flew these kites together. They made the kites dance to music and everything, it was AMAZING! Brady thinks he's found a new hobby. Kite flying! Who knew you could do so much with a kite.
The boys and their sand castle/fort. They didn't have any buckets/shovels so they did it with their hands.

This was the boys favorite part. The GIANT Octupi. I guess last year they had 22 of these huge wind octupus in the sky at the same time, all on a short stretch of beach. Crazy.




6 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like you've been having fun! Good to hear what you are up to again! :)

Unknown said...

I don't know why you always feel you neglect the boys. Looks to me that you guys do a lot of fun things. Thanks for all the prayers. Peyton is slowly improving. She still has the cough and a funky voice but overall she is breathing a lot better and will continue steroids for a couple more days. She now believes she gets to watch movies all day so we are working on breaking that habit. :-) Tell Tayson that I can't believe how big he's gotten and that he is in school now! What a little smarty. Tell the boys I miss and love them.

Leisa Waldron said...

Those kites are awesome! That looked/sounded like such a fun thing for the boys! :)

Jamie said...

Looks like so much fun! I loved the soccer pictures! I'm glad Peyton is doing better. That is so scarey!!!

Gates & Tausha said...

k how far are you from portland or gresham or sherwood again? coming up NEXT WEEK!!!

Annette and Scott said...

I've always loved kites..those octopus kites are amazing!! Looks like everyone had a great time!