Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Since being back

Well, a not so quick update since we got back: Brady and I had to speak on Sunday the 27th in our ward (the boys and I got back from Utah on Wednesday), so the rest of that week was needless to say, STRESSFUL! Glad to have it over with. Tayson even got up when Brady gave his talk and recited one of the articles of faith with Brady's help, as part of Brady's talk. He was so brave and did a great job and we are proud of him. We then went camping last weekend in Astoria, OR (very northwest corner of Oregon). It was Beautiful to say the least! It was fun to finally check out the coast, and yes, the Tillamook Cheese Factory on the way home. Now we are ready to stop traveling for a while.
Tayson continues to make us laugh with his random comments. He had the comment of the MONTH on Sunday. Here is what he said while sitting on the toilet:
"Dad, how about after I'm done here, we do something that is better than popsicles....We go outside and play?" Where did that come from? It was quite the random comment.
Camden has really kicked in the terrible twos lately. I'm not sure what is going on, but I'm going Nuts to say the least. He now screams, throws fits, etc too (he didn't do it much before, or at least not nearly as bad). He has always been our stubborn child, but boy is he letting it be known now! This is usually how just about every conversation goes now with him:
Camden: "Mommy?"
Me: "yes?"
Camden: " I want a cookie (or whatever it is he wants at the time) please"
Me: "Okay, but you can only have one (or if he's had a lot already, only one more okay?)"
Camden: "No two"
Me: "No just one"
Camden "okay" and eats it. after eating it "Mommy I want another cookie (or treat)."
Me: "No more sweetheart"
Camden: "Mommy?"
Me: "Yes?"
Camden: "I want another cookie"
Me: "Camden I know you want another one but you can't have another one"
Camden: "Ooohhhh" .... "Mommy?"
Me: "Yes?"
Camden: "I want another cookie."
And then at this point I generally have no more patience and I yell. Many times I try to be patient longer and the conversation just continues as above, it's never ending. Brady was laughing this weekend while we were camping at just how persistant this little dude is. What do I do? If I give in, then he will know he can get what he wants eventually, but if I don't, he still continues on and on and on. He is Great at testing the waters, and he's only 2. My mom cursed me as a teenager that I would have a girl just like me, but I think since I don't have a girl, I got a boy to give me a run for my money.
Also everything the past two weeks sets him off and he cries and whines about everything, and now throws fits in stores, etc. Not sure if he is lacking sleep or what, he acts like it, but still seems to be sleeping fine? I did notice last week though that he is getting his two year old molars, so I don't know if that has something to do with it. Hope so, only because it means, maybe things will improve sooner rather than later. I can hope right? I told Brady the other night, it is a good thing he is such a cute kid, especially when he is sleeping. I love to look at him sleeping in his bed before I go to bed to be reminded what a sweetheart he is or at least can be at times.

5 comments:

Nicholas and Brittani said...

Hmm...I must be pregnant because as soon as your song started playing I started crying! It looks like you guys just have so much fun! That is awesome that you have been able to spend so much time with your family since you moved away. It was good to hear from you on my blog...we wondered what happened to you since you havent posted for a while, but I dont post that often either. Summer is crazy and like yourself we are going through the TERRIBLE TERRIBLE twos! Good luck with that! You are way better than me though, I always give in! I cannot stant whining! I love the video of Tayson swinging! They really got him high up there!

Jana and BJ said...

I love your boys & their funny comments. You are a terrific mom...so patient and consistent.

Gates & Tausha said...

the "look at them while they're sleeping" method...i do that with gates. :) ahhaha...only needed on occassion. :) (lets keep that our little secret)...and WOW he's persistent...i don't know what to tell you...maybe..no, but you can have BLANK or BLANK...which one do you want most? (like I know...) anyway, ASTORIA...mmmm ASTORIA...LOVE that place...LOVE it...went there once...or twice? beautiful...how GREAT to camp there! hey maybe on our trip in november we can meet there and camp one night or something (just an idea). and tayson's "better than a popsicle" comment was SOOOOO funny. :) ahhaha

Jamie said...

Hey sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you! That was his email. He wrote me back but I haven't answerd him either. I'm a little slow!:) Your boys are so cute!

Meagan said...

Boston is wonderful- thanks for all the advise and tips. We really love it here- but we miss Utah too.